Last year, one of Haystax’s state-level customers was required to register several thousand new users in a very short period of time, to meet a legislatively-mandated statewide safety assessment initiative.
The effort was challenging but successful, and it resulted in a number of enhancements in the way users are onboarded into the Haystax Analytics Platform.
Listed here are some of our newest user-invitation capabilities:
- When a tenant administrator sends an invitation to an individual and that person accepts the invitation and registers, the inviter receives an automated email notifying them the invitation was accepted.
- Any individual who receives an invitation email may now click a link in the email to decline the invitation, which in turn will automatically notify the inviter that the invitation has been declined.
- The inviter can assign specific assets to an invited user. Then, when that person accepts the invitation, the assets will automatically have that user added to their security reader list. This helps facilitate scenarios in which one user is only supposed to be able to view one asset.
- On the Pending Invitations page, the invitation popup has been updated to make status messages and error reports easier to see. Besides a list of pending invitations, user admins can see a list of bounced emails and other errors so they know if invitations were not received.
- They can also resend an invitation that may have been ‘lost in the mail’ (image below). In addition, a list of individuals with pending invitations to register for their specific Haystax tenant can be printed out either in its entirety or filtered by roles and/or data groups.
- Users granted appropriate access privileges can see and resend invitation emails to users not originally onboarded by them.
- A few releases ago, the Manage Access page was reworked so the per-user data table rows listing roles and groups were reduced in size, with all additional information available in a modal dialog popup that displays when the row name is clicked. This same methodology is now used on the Pending Invitations page. For all information about a pending invitation, such as roles, groups and assigned assets, clicking on the row will display more information in a modal dialog window.
- The invitation process can work without email, which is ideal for on-premises deployments of Haystax software. For on-prem customers without email access (i.e., no internet connectivity), invited users are given a special code, which is used to accept an invitation to a local URL for their on-prem installation. On the invitation modal, under Advanced, there is an option to use such a code. After the invitation is generated, the modal will present a link and a code that may be used to accept the invitation.
# # #
Note: Learn more about Haystax software engineering expertise through its white papers. Click on the Haystax Resources page and explore!