As the Haystax Analytics Platform is deployed to a growing number of organizations, we continuously roll out new platform-wide security enhancements to meet their unique IT security requirements.
In our latest product release, for example, customer options for password management, logins, cookies and user sessions have been expanded
Complexity rules for passwords may now be set for each tenant — based on the customer’s specific requirements — thereby providing fine-grained control over the acceptance of a password set by any user in that tenant when they log in for the first time, as well as for password resets.
Configurable password settings include:
- Character complexity (e.g., lowercase/uppercase letters, numbers, special characters, etc.).
- Minimum and maximum lengths, in characters.
- Minimum and maximum lifetimes, in days.
- Whether or not to securely store password history.
- A rule requiring the user to alter at least eight characters in a reset password.
In another enhancement, users may now reset their passwords from their Profile page, rather than just on the login screen.
Security settings may also be configured for:
- The maximum number of failed login attempts allowed.
- The timespan for failed logins before a user is automatically locked out.
- The timespan for user session and tenant-admin session timeouts, in minutes.
Leaving any of the above settings blank is also an option, which means that particular complexity rule won’t be applied in the tenant.
Finally, secure cookies and other session settings have been altered to ensure security on passing data in sessions and cookies that are stored on the user’s browser.
# # #
Note: To learn more about the full array of capabilities in the Haystax Analytics Platform, please visit www.haystax.com/platform