The Haystax software development team has rolled out a number of exciting new features designed to make data, photo and file management easier and faster across several Haystax Analytics Platform apps.
The biggest data-management news is that users can now bulk-import asset data from an Excel spreadsheet, a major time savings compared to keying manually.
Asset data imports are done in four easy steps:
- Users click the ‘Asset import’ button, locate the file to be uploaded (12 MB size limit) and click ‘Next.’
- A series of dropdown controls allows the user to choose how each data field from the spreadsheet will be mapped to existing Haystax asset fields in both the Overview and Details windows (image above).
- The user adds tags and sets permissions for the data that is being uploaded.
- An optional advanced feature enables setting redacted data. (Redaction is the process of masking an asset’s identity, used widely in insider threat mitigation scenarios where personally identifiable data must be kept private.) Metadata may also be configured to set a particular field as hidden.
In addition to this new import function, users can export much larger data files than before. For very large files, exports will occur in the background, and once the export has been completed users will receive an email with a link to download the file.
The most significant file-management enhancement is aimed at users who attach lots of photos and/or documents to their various apps pages.
Users can now drag and drop multiple photos or files at once from their local file systems into a particular page. Once loaded, the photos/files can be displayed alphabetically by file name (or by caption, if one exists) rather than only based on the date they were added (image below).
Additionally, photo collections can be viewed in a list, gallery or carousel mode, the latter displaying one large image at a time in rotation. Users can also designate one photo as the primary image, which will be given a distinctive green border.
Other Haystax platform enhancements rolled out recently include:
- Custom Threat Streams feeds can be integrated more quickly.
- Redaction has been extended to include Events app entries.
- Any assessment question can be labeled as required, at which point the user may not set a section as Complete until that question has been answered.
- Session and activity timeouts can now be set for each tenant.
# # #
Note: As part of our recent corporate rebranding, Haystax no longer uses the term Constellation Analytics Platform. Since the product and company are synonymous, we now refer simply to the Haystax Analytics Platform. For more information on each mission-focused solution built on the platform, please click on the Solutions tab at the top of this page.